Equipment/ utensils required:
Blender or food processor, baking pan, mixer, double boiler, and spatula.
2 spray(s) cooking spray, flour variant or a misting of olive oil
½ cup re-hydrated and cooked black beans
½ cup unsalted butter
5 oz. unsweetened, baker’s chocolate
4 large eggs
1 ¼ cup raw cane sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (not flavoring)
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup plus 2 tbsp cake flour
- Preheat oven to 350%F. Coat a 9 x 13 inch pan with the cooking spray and line with aluminum foil and coat the foil as well.
- In the blender or food processor, puree the bean with the coffee and set aside.
- In a double boiler over very low heat, melt the butter and chocolate together.
- In a medium bowl, using the mixer, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Using the mixer on low speed, add melted chocolate and butter to egg and incorporate well. Add black mean puree, vanilla and salt and mix well. Add flour and combine thoroughly on low speed.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake until a tester inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the brownies from the pan by pulling up on the foil and place brownies on cooling rack until cooled. Cut into 24 pieces.
Serving size is one piece
Nutritional Information: Calories = 164, fat = 6.1 g, Cholesterol = 42 mg, Sodium = 53 mg, Carbohydrates = 24.4 g, Protein = 3.2 g, Fiber = 1 g, Sugar = 14.4 g